Meet Dana Borys, CPA, MST, CEO & Founder
Dana has nearly twenty years of public accounting experience and comes with a breadth of experience from a wide range of industries. After achieving her Master of Science in Taxation (where she graduated with honors) from Golden Gate University, she has guided businesses within the cannabis, technology, life sciences, and consumer business industries.
With a fervent passion for tax solutions, building trusting relationships, and a desire to implement entrepreneurial advancements in a typically lackluster field, Dana founded Aura Advisors in 2019. Since its inception, the Aura Advisors team has helped nearly 500 clients implement innovative tax solutions.
In her free time, Dana enjoys spending time with her family, volunteering at her kids’ schools, coaching youth soccer, and getting miles in on her Peloton.
Dana Borys’s Areas of Expertise
Thanks to her wide breadth of experience, Dana specializes in corporate tax services for cannabis, high technology (including computer science, information, SaaS, and telecommunication), biotechnology (such as life science and medical devices), and consumer business companies. This focus allows Dana and her team to provide specialized, unparalleled support to organizations in these spaces.
Dana Borys is a Honoree: San Francisco Business Times Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business (2017), former CalCPA Cannabis Symposium speaker (2022), CalCPA trailblazer nominee (2022), and CalCPA Women’s Leadership panel moderator (2023).
Dana Borys in the News
Listen to Dana share her experience and insights in these interviews.
- Government Shutdown and Tax Season — In this 2019 interview with KTVU, Dana discussed how the government shutdown could impact tax filings.
- Golden Gate University 2014 Women in Leadership Panel — In this panel, Dana discussed career planning, work-life balance, negotiation, and communication with fellow Golden Gate University alumni.
- Cannabis Business Times Webinar — In this webinar, Dana discusses the top mistakes cultivators and dispensaries make when navigating 280E and how to avoid them.
Dana Borys often lends her expertise on the cannabis industry for tax and finance-related publications.
- Taxes a big factor behind the financial woes of California marijuana companies — Dana was quoted on cannabis taxation in this 2020 article.
- Transfer Pricing in the Cannabis Industry — Dana shared her cannabis industry expertise to co-author this article on transfer pricing.
- Are Cannabis Taxes Too Low? Some Economists Think So — Dana lent her industry insights for this 2018 article on cannabis taxes.
- California Marijuana Notebook: Tax issues loom high on the agenda for state’s cannabis industry — Dana warns against potential risks for cannabis companies.
If you’re interested in interviewing Dana or quoting her for a tax-related article, please contact Aura Advisors team.
“Dana and Alana have been super helpful with the company taxes, they are not only super knowledgeable but so helpful and always available for any questions we might have. We, at Medthrive, want to thank you for your excellent work and services you provide to us”
Menlan Ng, Med Thrive